Standing with the United Nations in the fight to implement the SDGs, and welcome you to join us in our common goals of eradicating poverty, empowering women and providing quality education for all children.
If you are passionate about making this world a better place, excited about sharing your time and skills with marginalized groups and happy to share your smile with a neglected, ignored child, then you have come to the right place!
Volunteering is a hugely rewarding way to make a contribution to disadvantaged and marginalised communities.
Here at NewBeginnings Charitable Trust we host up to 50 volunteers annually either working directly on our own projects or with partner NGOs.
There are a range of different projects on which you can work, a non-exhaustive list is included here:
- Teaching in a school – English, Maths, Science, computer skills, sports etc
- Teaching vocational skills – Crafts, dress making, carpentry, etc
- Micro-Credit groups – Women Self Help Groups. Suitable for research oriented volunteer/internship programmes
- Educational Sponsorship Programme – meeting children who are candidates for sponsorship and fundraising / applying for their education
- Homes for the children – homes for orphans and those who are rescued and in rehabilitation projects. You will support the children in their studies, help them build a positive self, help them come out of them trauma etc
- Environment – Awareness creation in schools, villages, rainwater harvesting, plantation, etc
- Organic Agriculture practice – help small farmers learn organic farming
- Water and Sanitation Projects – Awareness programmes at schools and villages on WASH, personal hygiene practices for adolescents and construction of toilets etc
- Rural Health Care – providing primary health care. You will be with a team of health workers visiting different rural villages
- Fundraising Support, Social Media Marketing & Volunteer Recruitment
We welcome all volunteers with open arms – all that we ask is that you meet the following criteria:
- You are at least 18 years old (parental consent required for those under 18)
- You are able to communicate well in English
- You have a valid passport & visa to travel to India (Please Note: NCT or its partner ngos are not responsible, if you travel with any invalid/ inadequate documents)
- You can commit for at least three weeks
We take our role as hosts very seriously and the safety and wellbeing of our volunteers is of paramount importance to us. When you register you will receive the manual we have prepared which provides guidelines and expectations to ensure your stay in India is an enjoyable one.
The (non-refundable) registration fee is €180
Programme fee depends on the project you select for your volunteer/internship services.
These fees are used to cover the following:
- Food & accommodation for the duration of your assignment
- Airport pick-up
- Orientation training upon arrival covering an overview of the project & location, local cultural considerations, a safety briefing, work schedule etc.
- Volunteer Manual covering terms & conditions, guidelines / expectations for your stay & details of our Child Protection Policy
- 24×7 support including an emergency contact number
- Miscellaneous administrative costs
We receive very positive feedback from those who have volunteered with us – they have found it a hugely rewarding experience – the opportunity of a lifetime that they will never forget (some have even returned for repeat visit!).
To register your interest simply complete the form below, we will contact you by email to confirm receipt and engage with you on next steps. Thanks for your interest in supporting the NewBeginnings Charitable Trust – we look forward to hearing from you!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details, if you may want.
Apart from providing a wide variety of volunteering opportunities, NCT fulfills your internship requirements based on your academic criteria. We have been hosting student interns from various EU universities since 2013, and look forward to hosting more.
As an Intern, you will receive
- A suitable project according to your academic profile and professional aspirations
- A local mentor /qualified academic supervisor
- Flexibility in carrying out your duties
- Hands-on international experience
- Matchless professional experiences in a developing country
- Opportunities to apply your academic knowledge in real world situations
- Experience in different organizational styles and work environments
- Foreign language classes
- Weekly feedback /evaluation with the academic supervisor
We provide you with support during every step of your stay in India, helping you to do the most rewarding and productive internship possible.
Duration: Minimum 3 months
If it is in compliance with the policies of your university, we will assist you in acquiring academic credit for your internship.
Kindly write to us through the field “Internship /Research Scholarship Study at NCT” for further details. We will contact you at the earliest.
Please email us at email@example.com for more details