E-learning platform and open educational resources
on child protection and development!
The e-learning platform on “Child Protection and Development” is the result of a collaboration between organizations and youth leaders from Italy, Senegal, Kenya, India, Peru, Spain and Greece in the frame of the project “Child Protection and Development: Youth Work Experiences across the World” co-funded with the support of the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union, Key Action 2 Capacity building in the field of youth.
The platform is complemented by an e-learning course and a learning booklet covering a range of non-formal learning modules related to child protection and development. Both the e-learning course and the learning booklet are composed of six thematic and self-paced learning modules consisting of a series of samples of non-formal learning activities, educational tools, background texts, references and direct web-based links to useful sources of information, analysis of case studies on child protection and development that incorporate community practices and approaches from the organizations involved.
The e-learning platform aims is intended as an open learning resource for youth workers, educators, trainers, facilitators, young leaders, social workers, intercultural mediators, project managers and experts to be put into practice in their daily work with and for children. The platform could also be used in formal settings such as schools, colleges and universities addressing development challenges addressing children rights.
Link to the e-learning platform: www.childprotectionanddevelopment.eu
To register and log in to the e-learning course:
To download the e-learning booklet:
“The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsi¬ble for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.”
Child Protection and Development:
Youth Work Experiences across the World
Erasmus+ Key Action 2 – Capacity building in the field of youth
Project dates: 02 March 2016 – 01 March 2018
According to the UNICEF report “Why addressing child poverty is a critical component of the Post-2015 Development Agenda” millions of children around the world miss out on their childhood as a result of poverty and conflicts.
The project seeks to build on the opportunity to put in synergy different youth work experiences and community approaches related to child protection and development from different organizations across the World.
The project proposes an international capacity building program that seeks to expose participants to various aspects of youth work related to child protection & development.
By bringing together a consortium of complementary organizations, the project proposes a World-wide initiative to examine best practices in the ways the different organizations involved work to tackle child poverty & promote human development.
Italy, Greece, Spain, Senegal, Kenya, India, Peru.
- To promote the role of young leaders as community ambassadors able to communicate with their peers and step up in leadership role in the sustainable development of their local and global communities.
- To engage youth workers to protect and support the well-being of children and young people, with a view to make sure that children’s rights are respected, protected and fulfilled.
- Launched, tested & developed a capacity building programme on child protection and development, targeting youth workers and young leaders from EU, African, Asian and South American countries.
- Increased socio-professional development of youth workers and young leaders that are equipped with knowledge, key competences and employability tools related to child protection and development through different cultural perspectives, educational approaches and community experiences from different regions of the World.
- Developed open educational resources on child protection and development.
- Increased transnational cooperation, exchange of good practices and capacity building between youth workers, organizations and NGOs active in the child protection and development field from different World context.
- Youth workers who work with vulnerable young people and children in community activities;
- A wider audience of youth workers and young people that will be reached through the open learning platform.
Child Rights Based Approach
The project proposes a child rights based approach to youth work related to child protection and development. The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (1989) contains all the civil, political, economic, social & cultural human rights of children.
The UN CRC emphasises that children are holders of rights and their rights cover all aspects of their lives. It applies to all human beings under the age of 18. States that have ratified the UN CRC are legally bound by it. Child rights programming involves the practical application of the UN CRC to bring about real changes in the lives of all children.
The capacity building programme on youth work and child protection and development
- # 4 Training courses in Italy, Senegal, Kenya and India;
- #7 Job shadowing activities in Italy, Greece, Spain, Senegal, Kenya, India, Peru;
- E-learning course including e-learning modules experimented and developed within the project;
- Final seminar in Greece.
- Prism – Promozione Internazionale Sicilia-Mondo, Italy (Caltanissetta)
- Resource Hub For Development – RHD, Kenya (Kisumu)
- NewBeginnings Charitable Trust, India (Vijayawada)
- Inter Alia, Greece (Athens)
- Federation Dimbaya Kagnalen, Senegal (Ziguinchor)
- Consulta Europa Projects and Innovation sl, Spain (Las Palmas)
- Asociación de Comunicadores y Educadores Viator, Perù (Lima)
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.